Make Your Heart Stronger…
A few minutes each day with Specialised Meditation will Significantly Improve the Function of Your Heart and Rejuvenate It with Love and Positive Energy.
Your Heart responds to Meditation like it would respond to Love. Meditation is Love, the Love of Yourself and the God inside you. – Dr Irina Webster
In many eating disorders cases the heart is damaged. There are many reasons for heart damage:
- not enough body fat to keep heart protected, or
- too much fat in the body to make it difficult for the heart to work,
- anaemia, which weakens the blood, and causes poor circulation and lower body temperature making it difficult to pump and circulate blood,
- the loss of muscle mass can also apply to the heart, meaning that the muscles of the heart can physically weaken,
- an overall drop in blood pressure and pulse can contribute to deterioration in heart function.
- electrolyte imbalances (especially of sodium and potassium) can cause heart irregularities and even ‘heart block’ that result in death.
- high cholesterol level produced by overeating contributes to blocked arteries and heart attack.
- long standing high level of stress hormones in ED sufferers makes the heart weak and worn out.
Even if the eating problems are not severe yet, the heart still suffers due to the misbalance in the autonomic nervous system. Autonomic nervous system is the system that regulates internal organs (heart, stomach, lungs, intestines, bladder, muscles and everything else inside the body).
The role of Autonomic nervous system in healing.
Autonomic nervous system has two parts: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The two parts generally function in opposite ways. Sympathetic part is responsible for the stress response in the body and often it gets over activated in eating disorder people. Parasympathetic part is responsible for calmness, healing and relaxation.
Most eating disorder sufferers experience some sort of misbalance in their autonomic nervous system when one part or the other gets overstimulated.
Generally when the sympathetic nervous system (I’ll call it the “SNS”) is stronger than the parasympathetic nervous system (the “PNS”), people are prone to be tense, agitated, have a weaker appetite, suffer from insomnia, palpitation, arrhythmia and so forth. On the other hand, when the PNS is stronger than the SNS, people are prone to feel dull, have a strong appetite, overproduction of saliva, sleep heavily,high blood pressure, slow pulse and heart rate and so forth.
Therefore the state of a stronger SNS is not preferable, and neither is a state of a stronger PNS.
Balance in the autonomic nervous system must be restored for good health and well-being.
You will have lots of benefits from the Specialised Meditation for Eating Disorders if you have lots of stress and your body produces the “fight-or-flight response” often. This means SNS over activation.
In cases when your PNS is over activated and you experience dullness, sleepiness, extreme salivation and slow pulse, you should focus on physical exercises first, and then combine it with meditation practices.
Benefits of Meditation.
A number of studies show that meditationstabilizes your heart rate and breathing rate, lower your blood pressure and decrease the number of stress hormones circulating in your bloodstream. According to the studies, a regimen of meditation resulted in a significant improvement of heart function.
The other study, reported in The American Journal of Hypertension showed that meditation also offers heart-healing benefits to those who already suffer from heart problems. It translates into a lower risk of heart attack, stroke and death.
There’s a firm connection between stress and heart disease.
Stress damages the heart enormously. Just the fact that most cases of heart attack occur on Monday morning proves that. People get stressed on Monday morning (the beginning of the working week) more than on other day of the week. Hence, the number of heart attacks on this day increases.
People with eating disorders experience lots of stress in their lives and are prone to have heart problems. The only way to avoid that – is to practice relaxation techniques to reduce stress and minimise the effects of ED on your heart.
If you reduce the stress you heal your heart.
Stimulating your brain with Specialised Meditation for Eating Disorders will:
- Take you to the states of deep (and extremely pleasurable) meditation.
- Help you to become loving and lovable person. Feeling of love is important for the heart health and longevity. The more love and acceptance you experience, the stronger your heart becomes.
- Significantly increase your learning ability, memory, intuition, creativity, and your ability to focus, concentrate and think more clearly.
- Increase the production of brain chemicals related to your health, longevity, well-being, and quality of life.
- Create remarkable improvements in your mental and emotional health.
- Help you to see the life ‘through your heart’ not just ‘through your mind’. This ability enables you to make better decisions, make the right choices and actually love your life.
The other exciting news is about the health related hormones!
Recent research also revealed that regular meditation dramatically affects production of three important hormones related to longevity, stress and health. These hormones are cortisol, DHEA, and melatonin.
Cortisol is a hormone naturally produced by the adrenal glands. Basically, cortisol is the major age-accelerating hormone. It also interferes with learning and memory and is, in general, bad news for your health and your well-being.
Regular meditation reduces the level of cortisol in the body about 45-50% compare to the cortisol level of someone who doesn’t meditate. Therefore, meditation helps you to stay healthy, younger and live a longer life.
DHEA, is also produced by your adrenal glands. DHEA is a precursor, or source ingredient, to virtually every hormone your body needs. DHEA level is a key determinant of physiological age and resistance to disease. When levels are low, you’re more susceptible to aging and disease; when they’re high, the body is at its peak—vibrant, healthy, and able to combat disease effectively.
DHEA acts as a buffer against stress-related hormones (such as cortisol), which is why as you get older and make less DHEA you are more susceptible to stress and disease.
Regular meditation increases the DHEA level nearly 50% compares to non-meditation group.
Melatonin is produced by the pineal gland, a small endocrine gland located in the center of the brain. This hormone helps to create restful sleep. We make less of it as we age, and since during sleep many important rejuvenating substances are created in the brain, the inability to sleep soundly can dramatically decrease the quality of your life and greatly accelerate the aging process. New research also reveals that it is a powerful antioxidant. In fact, it is even more powerful than Vitamin E.
Regular meditationmake Melatonin levels increase nearly double compare to non-meditation group.
What does this mean?
It means that Meditation not only dramatically lowers stress, reduces the urges to binge, purge or starve yourself, it also means that meditation slows the aging process, heals your heart and improves well-being.